Friday, 26 February 2016

Over-reliance on LSS professional

During my past years working as a LSS expert I have come across many facets of projects and delivery programs which relied heavily on LSS tools to deliver business improvement. To sums up both the shortcomings of LSS practices and the way to become more effective:

“Improvement is becoming more about understanding people and why they do what they do, and how to get them to do what is best for the organization. In some ways we (LSS experts) have failed to realize that all process improvement projects are about change; not only process change, but also people change. When I look back on the eight projects I've done in the last six years and identify what the major changes were, most are related to changing the behaviors of people working in the process, which the standard LSS tools don't really address well. Sure, we need the tools to improve the process, but that's only 20% of the success equation. The remaining 80% is centered on behavior change. What we need now is an integration of behavioral tools such as People-Centered Implementation (PCI) into the LSS methodology to better equip LSS professionals to deliver sustainable results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyright 2012 Gateway to Process Improvement LtdWebsite design by Toolkit Websites